7-Day Retreat at Samui
Welcome to Samui
We live in a hectic and fast-paced world. We tend to external circumstances daily, but often forget to make time to nurture our “inner world.” Sun, sand and sea – this is Samui Island. Every beach lover’s paradise, premier choice as a peaceful hideaway and a stress buster hotspot for the weary soul. Samui Island will soothe your mind with its beautiful beaches and marvelous tropical settings. At Samui International Meditation Center offers practical methods of The Middle Way Meditation and teaches you how to find life balance in its 7-day meditation retreat.
About Samui International Meditation Center
Samui International Meditation Center is located on Samui Island, the tropical island paradise, one of the finest and most original holiday destinations in Thailand. Individuals from all around the world come to the island each & every season for an amazing relaxed experience surrounded by sun, sea and ever-present coco palm trees. The center itself is suitably designed for meditation practice. You will be introduced to an ancient 2,500-year-old Buddhist meditation technique called “The Middle Way Meditation.”
To foster a clean, pure and organized mind, our accommodations are designed with a minimalist approach. The simplistic environment enhances a tranquil and relaxing experience. Male and female live in separate cottages/rooms and the bathroom is just beside the residential area.
Enjoy fresh and delicious locally–produced foods. Some of the produces are organically grown within the premises of the retreat center itself. We offer both vegetarian and non-vegetarian diets. If you have specific dietary requirements specific to certain illness or health conditions, please let us know at least 7 days prior to your arrival. So that, we can make necessary arrangements. During the course of the retreat, we will follow the simple spiritual lifestyle and will not have dinner.
There will be two meals per day. This dietary practice helps meditators get the right amount of energy and compliments the meditation practice.
Program and daily schedule
You will begin your day early at dusk by cleansing the mind and clearing your head with meditation before starting with the daily activities. We believe that to find peace both our mind and body has to be at ease. With this in mind, our program ensures your time is balanced throughout the day. So, you get enough time to stretch your muscles, rest, and meditate too. The daily activities will include, meditation session, dhamma classes, stretching and exercises along with personal time.
Registration to join the program
- Registration Fees for The Middle Way 7-Day Retreat at Samui International Meditation Center is 500 USD (Air Con and Private Bathroom) and 350 USD (Fan and Shared Bathroom)
- Application and registration fees must be paid at least 7 days before the program begins to confirm the joining of the program.
- Round-trip pick up from / to Samui Airport
- Breakfast, lunch, and refreshments
- Course materials
What to Bring
• Personal items, bathing equipment and towels
• Personal medication
• In case, you are quite vulnerable to cooling temperature in air-conditioned room, please prepare some additional clothes.
• Loose, simple, and comfortable clothing, preferably in white or light colors (Sleeveless shirts, shorts, tights and leggings, see-through, tight-fitting or revealing clothing should not be worn in the retreat center)
• Individual bottle/flask for water
• Flashlight with batteries
What not include
- Health insurance
- Extra food / snacks
What not to Bring
• Alcohol and tobacco
• Any valuable personal belonging; jewelry or high-priced decorative items, the responsibility of any loss and damage is one’s own.
• Other portable electronic devices distracting oneself from meditation.
NOTE: The Middle Way Meditation Retreat is run by a non-profit organization that promotes world peace through inner peace. Fees are kept to a minimum, and all the proceeds received will be used to pay for the facilities at the Retreat Center.
Reserve Your Retreat
Who we are
THE MIDDLE WAY INSTITUTE
The Middle Way Meditation Institute or MMI is a global non-profit educational organization that promotes and develops world peace through inner peace. MMI offers inner peace education via several training programs for youth, adults, and organizations, based on